In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Funny Flowers

While I've been waiting for the washer to stop chugging and the dryer to stop spinning, I've been filling in petals on Briar Rose.


Some of the petals are green due to the overdyed silk pattern. I thought about removing those sections. I also thought about trying to do some sort of color manipulation so all the flowers in one position had one color pattern and all the flowers in another position had another color pattern.

And then I looked at the overdyed silk and I love all the colors in it and I like the way they flow from one to another and I decided that I could live with random.

Never thought you'd hear me say that . . . maybe I'm getting more flexible in my old age.

Nah.

By the way, I am heading back to Salty Yarns this week-end. First leg of the trip is to Baby Girl's tomorrow, then we will head to Maryland Friday morning for a Saturday class--then we reverse the process. I am taking the camera and laptop. I do not know if either will come out of their cases, so if I am incommunicado for a couple of days, that's why.

And, enabling report:  Amy Mitten is offering a new set of Casket Toys. I am doomed. I have already signed up. I need to stitch faster.

But now I need to finish packing.

2 comments:

  1. You stitch pretty fast! LOL I say yes, more projects! LOL Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty design, the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete