In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Switching Gears

Last night I finished the last motif for this week's lesson on In the Mood Red:


And I sat and pondered. There are only four more motifs and a bunch of borders to do, and even though the online lessons haven't been posted that cover those parts, I believe I could figure them out.

But I have been craving linen. And with all the pain meds finally out of my system, I thought I could probably focus well enough to pick up one of those projects.

The one that was on top was Jackie du Plessis' Pocket for Posies Needlecase.

Before I lurched off to bed, I stitched this:


which is a very small part of this:

In my defense, there are eight different colors in that little spray of flowers. And seven of them are stitched in wool. I have not used wool on linen before, so it took a little bit of getting used to. Come to think of it, I haven't used a lot of wool in years and years, since the good old days of Paternayan and basketweave.  It makes a very pretty stitch, though, and the colors are so very, very soft and delicate. I am going to love doing this project.

But at the moment, I am waiting for the delivery guy to bring our Chinese take-out.  Neither Dearly Beloved nor I slept very well last night and this is about what we can handle for dinner tonight. However, if he doesn't get here soon, I'm not sure anyone will be awake to answer the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment