In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

So far, so good

So last night was the first night that I really implemented The Ellie Program.

And it worked quite nicely.


This was two hours' work on Journey. I was able to completely stitch the small motif at the top and set up the whole grid for the longer section down the side.

And I noticed a couple of things.  When I sat down to stitch for my scheduled two hours, there was no shilly-shallying around. Normally when I plop into the wing chair, I spend some time looking at the basket 'o projects or just grabbing whatever is on top, whether it's something I'm particularly interested in or not. Not last night. I knew what I was scheduled to work on and everything was ready for me to go.

I also surprised myself by how focused I was on the needlework. On some level, it was as though I realized that I have only two hours to work on this project this week, so I needed to make every minute count.

I think Ellie may be on to something.

Of course, the schedule is blown tonight. Baby Girl and her housemate are coming for a long week-end visit. Coincidentally, my sister, aka The Saint, will be in town, so  Dearly Beloved and I are doing a fast de-clutter and removing the top layer of grime. Given that my housekeeping has been all but nonexistent during the recuperation . . .well, maybe we should do everything tomorrow evening by candlelight!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! The many blessings of candlelight! Glad you're feeling better and back in your stitching mode. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete