In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Christmas in July I

It occurred to me in the middle of the night if I'm going to talk about how to put ornaments together without dragging the sewing machine out, I need to have something to demonstrate on.

So, when I got home from work today, I went stash diving, first to find ornament patterns that I had marked, then for linen, and finally for floss. I'm changing the threads all to floss, so I'm picking colors that are close to the overdyes originally called for.

This is the beginning of the first ornament, which will be finished as a round:


He needs his leaves and berries added. So I'm putting down the laptop and picking up my needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment