In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Puttering around

This was a lovely, lazy day with very little to report.

We did not participate in Black Friday madness. We did pack up leftovers and send Baby Girl on her way home this morning.  Poor baby, she had to go into work for a few hours this afternoon. At least she had reruns of Thanksgiving dinner and didn't have to worry about feeding herself tonight.

Then I did . . .basically nothing the rest of the day. I had plans when I woke up, then tossed them out the window and enjoyed doing as little as possible.  I did finish a book and start another. I took a nap, which felt like the height of luxury!  And I stuck a needle into Martha Edlin for a little while.

Flower #2, in progress:


This one is filled with satin stitch. You can't see it in the photo, but the silk sparkles. The majority of this sampler is stitched with Soie de Paris and while it can be persnickety to stitch with (if there is a rough place on any part of ones body, including the top of ones head and the bottom of ones feet--in short, places that don't come close to the needlework--it will snag on it), the way it glows in both daylight and lamplight make it worth the pain.

Dearly Beloved and I have errands to be run in the morning and there is laundry to be dealt with (the neverending story) and the house to be kept tomorrow.  Tonight, though, I am taking myself off to bed with my book and read myself to sleep.  I could get into living like this!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful. I know exactly what you mean about the Soie de Paris but it is definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete