In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, November 19, 2012

It's a Critter

There has been some discussion in our house about the type of animal this thing is.



First impression said it was a rabbit, but the tail is all wrong--but the ears look like a bunny and hares have long legs.

The tail led Dearly Beloved to surmise it could be a long-legged rat.

I suggested it was a dog.

Dearly Beloved said it was obviously a rat-dog.

But the ears still look like a rabbit's.

Conclusion:  it's a Critter. We have wondered if little Martha got into the wine before stitching it.

I have two more of them to stitch. None of them is any more identifiable than the others. (And, yes, I know the stitches are going every which way. It is stitched in a reversible manner, a la 17th century.)

No comments:

Post a Comment