In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Just call me a Domestic Diva

We were given a wonderful gift at work today--we were told we could leave at noon!

This meant I was able to

  • run by the grocery store for one essential ingredient that had been forgotten in the three other grocery runs we've made
  • Iron
  • get three of the sides either completely done or done to the point that they will just need to be popped into the oven tomorrow
  • find the turkey roasting pan--this is one of those things that home de-clutterers always tell you to get rid of when they go through kitchens, but I am always thrilled I have it for Thanksgiving
  • get serving plates and utensils out
  • and eat dinner and I still have time to stitch a few minutes tonight.

I do still need to clear off the kitchen table so I will have a "staging area" for tomorrow. If Nature abhors a vacuum, Dearly Beloved abhors a clear horizontal space--he feels it needs to be covered with something immediately. We call it his piling system. I have been dealing with this for over 35 years and it isn't getting any better so I may as well tolerate it--but it does mean that periodically it has to be dealt with.  And I am dealing with it tonight. Bwaa-ha-haaaaaa!

Actually, I think I'm going to stack everything in one of the boxes I snagged from the office for a Good Will trip and let him sort it out later.

Tomorrow is reserved for feasting and stitching. I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. I did about the same today. Few hours left to stitch before I pass out. And then I have time tomorrow to enjoy the parade and dog show.

    Hope to see you at our Sampler Guild breakfast on the 8th.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ann

    Thank you for joining Nicola's Scarlet Letter year. Could you email me on nicola.parkman@gmail.com as you are a noreply blogger and I have no way of contacting you direct.

    I am looking forward to following your blog. Martha looks very interesting. I love the esamplaire charts.

    ReplyDelete