In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, February 9, 2024

Ring Around a Rosy

 Well, actually, they would have been called pinkes or carnations, but I couldn't think of a blog title with carnations in it, so you got ring around a rosy.

Despite thinking that I would not live long enough to get all the rice stitches done, I persevered and am happy to report I survived. I just have to stitch a different flower in the center and stitch in the date and this band will be done.

According to the rotation I set up for myself, I should be doing some assembly today and tomorrow. However, I have only one big band left and this can go in the finished column. As I am the boss of me, I believe I will make an exception.

Actually, I'm thinking I should just set aside one week in the rotation just for finishing. By the time I set up everything--ironing board, sometimes sewing machine, various threads and other finishing materials--it's about time to put it all away.

It's a thought . . . I will mull over this.

2 comments:

  1. Wow love your stitching , it's beautiful.
    You are doing so well .
    Have a lovely weekend , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you persevered and got those rice stitches completed, Ann! This looks fabulous. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete