In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Drowning in Rice

 I am going to be stitching teeny tiny rice stitches for the next millennium.

When I pulled Flowers & Berries out of the basket, I had the thought that there wasn't much left to do and I could potentially have a finish this week.

HA!!

The big red petals on the eight flowers in this band are worked in rice stitches.

Over two threads.

Each of the four tie-down stitches is worked over one thread.

One thread.

Granted, I like fiddly little things, but . . . .well, I have no words.

At least I can report that the two motifs for this week's online white work class have been completed with little to no angst.

But now I have to go back to rice stitches. Many, many rice stitches.

2 comments:

  1. Most beautiful stitching you do.
    Always something new , how many have you got started .
    I no I have about 15 boxes full .
    Have fun hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your whitework pieces look fabulous. Well done, Ann! I like doing Rice Stitches, but that would drive me around the bend.

    ReplyDelete