In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Plan B

 Today was going to be a momentous day--not only the beginning of a new year, but the beginning of a challenging project. Today I was going to start working on Harmony, one of the casket designs available through the Cabinet of Curiosity course offered by Tricia Nguyen of Thistle Threads.

Even better, I was going to have a sort of stitch along with a good friend. No deadlines or assignments, just working along at the same time.

Today I was planning to mount the linen on the frame, trace the design, and get a stitch or two in.

Not gonna happen.

In my continuing research concerning the fact that housework can kill you if properly done, I have done myself an injury. I was vacuuming yesterday. I tried to vacuum under a large and heavy chair.

My back doesn't like to bend, but it will. It doesn't like to twist, but it will. It draws the line at bending and twisting simultaneously. I did that. It spasmed. I ended up slowly lowering myself into the chair I planned to vacuum under. And today I am on muscle relaxers and ice packs and ibuprofen. I will not be bending over the Lightbox to trace the design for the first section of Harmony today.

However, I will be stitching.


I found the counting error on Carmen's Etui that sent her into time-out before Christmas. I plan to work on her today.

Dearly Beloved just asked if I will be able to count accurately if I'm taking muscle relaxers.

My one stitching goal for 2022 was to take on more challenging projects. I guess accurate counting while on meds will be today's challenge.


4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your back. I think next time you get some help to move that chair. I always get shit if I don't ask for help. I hope you feel better soon. I know that is easier said than done. I am working with back pain all the time and just have to rest in between chores, like my diyer just sounded. Take care. Happy New Year. big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that back is under control soon! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get better soon Ann .
    Take care .
    Wishing you and your hubby a HAPPY NEW YEAR .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, maybe the muscle relaxers will help you count even better LOL!

    ReplyDelete