In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Over hill and dale

 I have started on the first panel for the Harmony Casket.

I need to work some needlelace to sew over the hill on the right--the silk that is there serves as an underlining. I'm going to need to work needlelace for other sections, so I think I'll wait and do all of them at the same time.

This is definitely a daylight project. I believe I'll work on this the way I did the Tudor project, first thing in the morning when my head and hands are their freshest and the light is the best.

I do need to figure out how to organize the threads for this project. Right now, they're all jumbled in a shoebox, which means any time I want to change colors, I need to rummage around looking for what I want. This may warrant masking up and going shopping for a solution.


1 comment:

  1. Love this one are they snow drops on there ?
    Have fun sorting out the threads.

    ReplyDelete