In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, January 14, 2022

Before the Storm

Today was the last sunny day before the dread wintery mix hits our part of the Carolinas. I should have gone for a long walk before the ice forms on every surface. I probably should have checked the expiration date on the milk. In this part of the world, everyone dashes out to get milk, bread, and eggs before any winter storm--we call it the French Toast Run. I should have put the extra blankets at the foot of the bed in case we lose power due to the amount of ice we're expected to get.

But the sun was shining, and I get along much better with 45 count linen in daylight.

So, all the green double running on this band of Hannah Thornbush is stitched.


I just have to stitch the big pink flowers and fill in seeds on the strawberries, and I'll be ready to add all the other colors to this band.

I seem to be working on this sampler every day but Sunday.


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful stitching .
    I hope your storm is not to bad .
    My hand is slowly getting better so a few stitches in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone in the rush to the grocery store when snow is forecast....everywhere I've lived is the same!!! Hope you have an easy go of it...we're gearing up here to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, your progress is beautiful! And I hope the snow isn’t too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In our area the run is for bread, milk and toilet paper. A friend told me calls it the winter white sale. (Does this even make sense to younger people? I don't think there are January white sales any more.)

    ReplyDelete