In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Rebooting again

Yep, I gave my scheduling about two weeks to try out, and found there were too many interruptions and too many distractions to make it work. So, once again, I'm trying to reconcile myself to the fact that I don't work well with detailed plans, especially as a lady of leisure.

Instead of finishing on Friday, I was able to get a little more done on Christmas is Coming.



 I did one of the short ends yesterday, but will take a photo when the other design worked on the same linen is stitched.

I've thought about it--and dismantled the fortress around my chair since I can't possibly work on all the projects piled up there without getting totally overwhelmed--and I think I'll try to keep one very challenging project in progress, and have a couple of things that I can pick up and put down as I have time. I think I'll try to keep Sampler Sunday going since I've made more progress on Rebecah French since I started doing that than I have in years, but otherwise, I'm going back to working on what I feel like when I feel like it.

Sadly, today is going to be one of those interrupted days, and Rebecah probably won't feel a lot of love.

And I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with finishing, especially since I unearthed a tote bag full of tiny little projects that are stitched but not assembled. That came from my traveling days for work, when I threw a bunch of little projects in my suitcase to work on in hotel rooms in the evenings. Apparently since I stopped work trips, they have been breeding. There are a lot more of them than I recalled.

I truly do need to live to 385.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Ann you make me laugh.
    I did the same yesterday , I took a big bag of stitching upstairs and came back down with 5 Christmas smalls and one large Christmas stitch . feels much better now ha.
    Love your Christmas stitching .

    ReplyDelete