In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Progress made

 So I didn't sleep in this morning, which meant I took my walk early, and read the newspaper and did the crossword, AND I finished the motif I needed to gild.


I believe the next step will be to spread glue on the back of all these motifs so they can be cut out and appliquéd. However, there is another instructional video to view before I take that step. Actually, I have only two videos left to view for this class so I can get 'er done and off the slate frame.

My afternoon and evening project for Wednesday and Thursday is Carmen't Etui, the class I just took from Jackie du Plessis at Sassy Jack's. We have leaves.


I decided if I got the leaf pattern in, it would give me the best framework for working the other designs on this panel. Everything is worked over three threads, so it's taking a little adjusting to get used to.

Alas, today I need to work on product tests for my former employer instead of working on Carmen.  I've been delaying, putting it off, oh, who-am-I-kidding--I've been procrastinating. The product testing is time-consuming and I have many, many other things I want to do.

Which leads me to time. Baby Girl and were talking the other evening, and she sighed and said,"It's just Tuesday." My attitude was, "OMG, it's already Tuesday evening!" I do remember weeks that dragged when I was working. Now that I am a lady of leisure, they fly by. I keep thinking it should be August, and it's almost the last week in October. So, I'm thinking I should be doing the projects I want to, rather than the things I don't. I am going to have to stand in front of the mirror and practice saying no.


1 comment:

  1. Nice new start .
    Yes where is the time that rushes past us every day , is it hiding some where.
    I wondered is it me ! getting slower , but know everyone says the same that they don't know where the year has gone.
    Enjoy your weekend .

    ReplyDelete