In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, July 26, 2020

The Summer Doldrums

I've had a hard time getting motivated this week. I think it's the heat and humidity--even with AC and fans running, it just feels stuffy all the time. And forget going outside--I went out to take an early morning walk and the steamy air turned me around and pushed me back inside.

So I've been reading a lot and stitching a little.

I did get the rest of the double running for this band of Hannah Thornbush worked last Sunday--did I tell you that?

And I filled in some of the blocks on the needle case:


And I got the two end panels on Tsubaki's carrier case sewn together, although there were a few times that I used foul language trying to get things lined up and the pockets folded in the correct place.  I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, though. I need to add four little flaps that will fold in and help hold the carrier together when it's closed, and then there are embellishments to be added to the inside of the carrier, but I'm almost through.

First, though, I want to give it a good press. There is nothing a good pressing won't help.

Unless, of course, you scorch something.

Not going to think about that.

2 comments:

  1. Hannah Thornbush is looking good. Well done on getting a few more blocks filled on the needle case. Stay cool and hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The needle case looks wonderful can't wait to see it finished .
    Both stitching items look wonderful.
    Hope it cools down a bit for you .

    ReplyDelete