In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Puttering, Day 3

A long, long time ago--and it feels like it was at least the beginning of the millennium--I decided to start a pandemic project. It's a beautiful sampler, but you have to begin with five rows of mostly over-one lettering.

Don't like doing lettering and don't like doing cross over-one, so I got two rows done and put it away.

Yesterday, while I was wafting the dust cloth around, I noticed the sampler in its pillowcase, hiding behind the project basket. This morning, I was feeling a little guilty about letting it sit around for so long with no love, so I pulled it out.


I have a whole 'nother row done. I believe that's enough love for this project for this week.

I keep telling myself that if I will just get all the lettering done, I can go to the fun stuff--and this sampler has a lot of fun stuff to do--but I'm not listening to myself very well.

Then again, it's my stay-cation and the whole point of it is that I can do what I want. So I will.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on getting another row of over one finished! Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete