In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Good Mail Week, Bad Stitching Week

This is the only thing I've stitched since last Sunday.


And I'm ripping it out.

Don't even ask. Retirement is looking better all the time.

However, it was a good mail week:


It is always a good week when Inspirations arrives. At least I could read about stitching, even if I wasn't threading a needle.


Tricia Nguyen is selling from her website about every 8 weeks during the pandemic and possibly beyond, and I added some more thread to my casket stash during the last one.  These are neutral colors of Cordon, which is a lovely thread to couch down. They will mostly be used on the castle panel of my casket.


And here we have tiny silk purls and silk check, which can be stitched through or couched down. These colors don't yet have an assigned spot, but will be used as needed. There will be many, many flowers on my flat top casket, so I'm accumulating flower colors in a variety of threads.


And here we have silk serpentine gimp which is couched and adds a subtle texture, plus luscious colors in 100/3 silk. 100/3 silk has become one of my favorite threads for needlelace.


Last, but definitely not least, is the hand-painted thread winder from Jackie du Plessis.  It is so pretty I can hardly stand it.

On the same day, this month's button club shipment arrived with a little project that uses some of the buttons from a previous shipment. The photo did not come out clearly, and Dearly Beloved is grumbling that I've had access to the computer too long, so I'm not taking the time to retake the photo.

And I need to go back to ripping so I can do some stitching before I completely forget how.

No comments:

Post a Comment