In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Now what

I finished the last two little bits of the Cotton Fields set, so it's going into the finish-finishing pile.


And, after two attempts that were frogged, I have the fourth band of Isabella finished. Actually, I'm still not happy with it, but I'm afraid the linen is getting tired and it's going to give up completely if I rip again. So the third time is going to be the charm, whether it really is or not.


And here I am with a three-day week-end. Three lovely, lovely days for stitching.

There is a project I've wanted to get some traction on, and I originally planned to plop myself in the wing chair and work on it from sunrise to way after sunset for the next three days. I really believed that I could get the whole thing done from start to finish.

As often happens when I make plans, something interferes.  It would appear that Someone has Other Plans for part of the week-end, so I won't have long expanses of time. I'll have chopped up sections of time. So now I'm trying to decide what to do.

I do have prework for Betsy's class at Salty Yarns in a couple of weeks. I could do the hemstitching on Isabella. I certainly have a stack of finish-finishing to do. Or I could start the original project I had planned to do, despite the fact there will be interruptions.

I may just flip a coin.

1 comment: