I didn't think it would take as long as it did, but I didn't have as much time to stitch the last half of the week as I had thought I would. Besides, I am firmly convinced (even though I've never run time trials) that working over one takes longer than working over two, and that crossing each stitch as you work takes a lot longer than zooming across the row one way and zooming back the other.
And then I started on another little project:
This is Mary's Token of Affection from Gentle Pursuits Designs. It will make a sweet little needlebook eventually. It's also supposed to be cross stitch over one, but I tried that and decided, at this linen count, the stitches looked crowded. So I made an executive decision and I'm working it in tent over one. I'm much happier with the way it looks.
And then I decided that Isabella, the Group Correspondence Course my local EGA chapter is doing, would be my Sunday project. And this is where it is now:
I'm finally to the point I can do a pretty complicated knotting pattern, followed by some needleweaving. I think that's going to require more resources than I can muster this late in the afternoon, so that will be next Sunday's project.
I realize that all of these small projects I've been doing are, at some point, going to have to be put together. I think I'm going to do another one or two, then go into a frenzy of finishing--and with my finishing skills, I will be frenzied--and get them all done at once.
Then I can let myself start to play with some new goodies that have arrived in the mail of late--I have Eleanor of Aquitaine from Gay Ann Rogers, several Jackie du Plessis projects from SNS and Needle in a Haystack (I don't think Jackie ever sleeps), and another sampler. Oh, and a crewel kit I've wanted since 1976 and finally found online--it's not here yet, but it's supposed to be on its way.
Maybe I need to give up sleep, too.