In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, April 24, 2017

It kinda snuck up on me

Last night I finished the leaves on the weeping willow on Early Spring Lambs.


And this means that all the embroidery is done, which I really didn't expect to happen so quickly. I thought about starting the finish-finishing, but Eve is still taking up my table space and I'm not moving her until she's completely completed.

As usual, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep immediately, so I started thinking about what I would stitch on tonight.

No surprise--I'm starting on something new.


I won this.  Stasi, whose blog is beemusedandbeestitching.blogspot.com, offered this as a prize on her blog. If you commented on her entries, you got a chance for every comment. Well, I read her blog as I usually do, and I commented, and I won!

Stasi is blogging every day with a photo of a project she's completed, and she started at the first of the year. She has quite a collection of very pretty pieces she has stitched--and finished--and it's been fun to see what she comes up with each day. Since she and I have taken some of the same classes, and have similar tastes in smalls, it's been very inspirational.

The only problem is that every time I see something finished on her blog that is residing in my stash or the finishing basket, I feel the need to add it to the already very long list of projects I want to do immediately if not sooner.

And, speaking of that very long list of projects, more goodies arrived in the mail today.


Jackie du Plessis has been offering designs to her Facebook friends this year. Some of them I already had. Some of them I haven't, but now I do.

And I am going to live to 485.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Ann, I appreciate your kind comments. I'm looking forward to seeing your start on the Merry piece and your finishing on current projects.
    I held firm on those Jackie offerings but feel I will succumb to the parasol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lambs' willow tree came out very prettily - all you need now is a gentle breeze to shooosh through the leaves. (the back is blank?)

    I'm now going to run over and check Stasi's blog (though perhaps I shouldn't - undoubtedly will get me digging stuff out of the stash and putting it into the already overflowing Other Stitching Bag with the dozen or so "immediate" delights).

    ReplyDelete