In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Bits and Pieces

When I went to bed last night, I was expecting to finish the sewing on Eve today.

Then I started, and found that the box that makes up the inside support is going to take more finagling than I had expected, so I couldn't just jump right in and get 'er done.  I need to muse and mull things over and figure out how to approach this, so I'm postponing the last bit until I have time for musing and mulling.

But other things have been stitched.


The weeping willow has started to leaf out. I do not expect to have pollen problems from this tree.


There is a very faint line of stitches above the open work band that you probably can't see. I can't see it either, which is why it took so long just to do that little bit. White on white on a gloomy day is not easy to stitch, but I need to get the next band on Isabella finished before Wednesday night and EGA.

So I suppose I should get back to it.

I'd rather start something new.

3 comments:

  1. So ... Eve is a box that will look like it's a book? Sorry, am just being thick, I guess. The willow tree is looking quite nice - I keep meaning to try one of those and not getting there. What stitch did you use for the grass?

    Oh my! The drawn thread work is lovely! That type of stitching always looks amazing - so intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your willow tree looks very "weepy" and the white work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the truth were known, all of us would rather start something new, rather than finishing "that old project".

    ReplyDelete