I finally filled in all the petals on the chrysanthemums!
Marsha had suggested that we manipulate the color runs in the overdyed threads so each petal would be a different color. I looked at the strands that I have, and I have pretty short color runs . . . sooooooooo I would either have to drag the thread from one petal to another fairly often, or end off and restart threads. Both methods use more thread, and I was a little concerned that I might not have enough if I used either technique.
So I decided to make sure that I didn't start any petal in exactly the same place and that I altered the brick stitch pattern from petal to petal. I still have to do the detached buttonhole stitch around each petal, which will add texture and help delineate each section.
This project is moving much faster than I expected it to. I had planned to rotate among my fall projects, but I have such good momentum on this one that I may just continue working on it for a few more days.
And momentum is always a good thing.