In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Rebooting

I am ready for Fall. Maybe it's the long, hot, dry summer. Maybe it's the fact that the last few weeks have been unusually stressful. Maybe it's the fact that my rut has gotten too deep. Whatever the reason, I am ready for a change. With today being the Autumnal Equinox, aka first day of Fall, it's the perfect time to do something different.

My favorite way to make a change is to rummage in the stash and assorted project baskets. And I have created my Fall-Into-Winter assortment of projects I want to work on.

And they are:

  • Eve in the Garden, of course. 
  • Merry Cox's Dewitt Academy set (last worked on in April--don't know why I stopped)
  • Autumn Jewel, an online class from EGA
  • Jackie du Plessis' September Morn
  • Catherine Theron's A Stitcher's Envelope
  • Chrysanthemums in Autumn from The Binding Stitch
  • and another project which I have agreed to work on but not show on the blog until a time in the future
Week-ends will still be focused on finishing, except for those days I spend with Mother. I will work on Christmas ornaments on those days. Otherwise, I'm going to skip around in this pile of projects for awhile.

Do I expect to finish them all by the Winter Solstice?  Not a chance.

Will I add and subtract from the list? Undoubtedly.

Am I happy about my choices? Completely.

I did get another couple of threads covered with gold thread on Eve this week.


I'm planning to use this part of the project for those days when my brain is dead but my fingers are still twitching. It is very soothing to stitch and I love the way it glitters. And I do have a date stitched in . . .

4 comments:

  1. Whew! Quite an ambitious stitching list. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, don't we just need that mindless stitching when everything else in our lives are crazy?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fantastic list of projects to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going through the stash pile and refreshing my to do list! Makes it feel like a fresh start! Glad to see your beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete