In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Jack's progress

Thus far this week, a situation has interfered with my stitching plans.

Sunday I had to begin The Preparation for The Procedure scheduled on Monday. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you are obviously under fifty. Bless your heart, your time will come.

To avoid TMI, let me just say that the effects of The Preparation precluded any other activity from occurring.

Then yesterday I had The Procedure. I also had an unpleasant side effect, about which no more needs to be said, other than my afternoon did not go as hoped.

Because of the side effect, I didn't go back to work today as planned but stayed home to completely recover. I was told to take it easy, so I pulled something out that would be easy to stitch.

And the embroidery on Jack-in-the-Box is complete!


I need to press--one reason I absolutely hate to work in hand--and do the finishing work--which would not be taking it easy--so I think I'm going to read for awhile and continue to take it easy so I can go back to work in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. I just turned 50 last year, and had my procedure a couple weeks ago. Fun, right?! I hope you got a clean bill of health:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know of which procedure you speak. The prep is the worst part! Hope you are all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to your health and a further absence of procedures..... and to nifty stitching accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete