In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day One of the Great Escape

Dearly Beloved and I have escaped from responsibilities.

We're on vacation.

After almost forty years of marriage, we've figured out how to do vacations. I like to do things when I have time off from work. Dearly Beloved likes to take naps and read and do less than nothing whenever possible. So, I find an event I want to attend and he goes to wherever it's being held. I attend the event, he does as little as possible, then makes dinner reservations. It works.

I'm on my way to the textile symposium at Winterthur. He has a stack of books and his pillows.

Naturally, I packed needlework:


Notice that they're all small and involve a variety of stitches.

Notice that I'm not stitching on any of them.

I didn't bring my light, and the lighting in this hotel room is less than bright.

I think I'll go to bed early.

2 comments:

  1. Your vacation strategy sounds just like ours. 43 tears of experience proves it works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of these projects look familiar.

    ReplyDelete