In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Yardwork

For the last several days I've been planting grass.


I love the stitch that is used for this, I love the way the green sets off the little lambs, and I love that I am so close to a finish.

I hesitate to mention this, but it's a wee bit tedious to stitch.

But there are some aspects of yardwork that are tedious, especially if you have a large yard.  And this is a large yard.

However, this yard is not subject to weather conditions or seasons, therefore I don't have to get all the work done within a specified time frame.  I have decided that I am going to play games with myself. Every evening, I'm going to work three strands into the yard, then I'm going to work on another project (probably Journey).

I have not just stitched grass this week-end. I spent the week-end with Baby Girl. We braved the rainy roads to go to the Piedmont Heritage Sampler Guild meeting Saturday morning for our second annual yard sale (where I increased the stash by about as much as I donated to the cause) and where we planned the upcoming year. There is an exciting year coming up!

Then I drove home this morning, and met a friend this afternoon to plan our Edinburgh Extravaganza with Betsy Morgan for the Carolina Sampler Guild next May. Betsy is coming to teach both her Edinburgh projects, the Etui and the Reticule, in a three-day workshop. This is the third workshop we've had with Betsy--just goes to show what a good teacher she is and what exciting projects she develops!

Of course, this means I really need to get the Toy Chest and toys from the last workshop stitched and assembled. I do believe that this project will move into the rotation when Morning and Journey are complete.

2 comments: