In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Plan of Attack

I started the humongous big band on Martha Edlin last night:


There is a whole lot of this to do. This is barely scratching the surface.

Usually I try to do all the framework or the borders for any piece.  A, it's boring, and B, once it's in and everything meets up correctly, the other stuff fits in nicely and you have a place to start counting the other stuff. However, the side bars on this scroll frame are not quite long enough to work the bottom half of this framework.

Now, obviously I'm going to work the top half across the band before I think about the bottom half of this framework, but I'm now trying to decide if I want to fill in some of the colorful parts before I scroll down.

What do you think?  Get the framework done in an efficient manner and then play with the fun stuff? Or get some (or all) of the fun stuff for this part stitched before scrolling down to the area for the bottom half?

And yes, I could go get longer side bars . . . but . . .longer ones than the ones I'm using are not as comfortable for me to handle, so I am taking that option off the table.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,

    I vote for:
    "get some (or all) of the fun stuff for this part stitched before scrolling down to the area for the bottom half?"

    Just received my paperwork for the Just Cross Stitch Seminar in December, 2012. Really looking forward to the seminar!

    Cynthia
    Windy Meadow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like a huge band. I would probably do some fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I belong to the make sure the outline meets up before starting the fun stuff school of thought. I guess I've done too much unstitching in my time.

    ReplyDelete