And everything fits into the Shaker basket.
As usual, I learned something while doing this:
- I love toys, especially stitching toys.
- I hate finishing.
- If I'm going to have toys, I have to put them together.
- I better get over my dislike of finishing.
- If I think I'm doing something wrong, stop.
- If I don't stop, at least don't do anything permanent.
- If I do something permanent, don't try to take it apart since it will make things worse.
- Accept the fact that it isn't going to be perfect and move on.
- My sewing machine is definitely dying.
- The more finishing I do, the better I'm getting at it, although I have a long way to go.
- I still hate finishing.
So that was the week-end. The one time I was out of the house was when I took four pairs of pants to the local dressmaker to hem. Ironic, huh.