In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Angry Bluebird

There is a famous photograph of a bluebird, all ruffled up.

Google Angry Bluebird to see him, if you are not familiar with the image.


I'll wait a minute while you do.


My bluebird is looking a little like that.

Marsha says that if you are not happy with the placement of a stitch, just stitch over it to avoid tearing the felt while ripping out.  I have not been happy with many stitches so I have been stitching over them.  I believe I have too many layers and I am still not happy. And my bluebird is looking about as ruffled up as the one in the photo.

I am totally OCD when it comes to my embroidery projects and I hang onto every scrap until the project is completed.  This means I still have the templates for the padding and an inch or so of felt left.  I think I am going to cut another piece of felt in case I need it, then very, very carefully cut out my stitches.  I also think I'm going to trace out another bird on another piece of linen and practice on it until I get the shading the way I want it. Then I'm going back to the needlecase and try my bluebird again.

Otherwise, I'm afraid my expression will be as peeved as the bluebird's in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment