I finished the first three samples for my needlelace class, and AGHHHHHH!!! the TENSION!!!!
That is my downfall when it comes to needlelace.
The corded Brussels (which we call "detached buttonhole with return" on this side of the pond) is ok.
The double Brussels is mostly ok--this is the one where I switched from one thread to another and then another as I went.
The triple Brussels looks like a drunk spider on a bender did it.
I didn't even try to work on the next three samples.
I think I'm going to make another little box and try the triple Brussels again. If it's not any better, I'll say that third time's the charm and give my fingers one more chance to get it. If that one looks as bad if not worse, I will look for projects that do not involve triple Brussels and call it a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment