I took a wonderful class from Kate Barlow this past weekend.
As usual, I didn't get much stitching done in class. Actually, I got the prep work finished and half a leaf, then I finished the leaf yesterday.
Kate said that it would be possible to finish the whole design in a week.
Not for me.
The older I get the slower I stitch, and most of this is worked with a couple of strands of filament silk that are each about the size of a hair. If you have very fine hair . . . so you may be seeing this on the blog for awhile.
However, in the evenings, I did a little more on Sarah Ann Purdy. Her border is finished and I've stitched part of the attribution.
As soon as I get the rest of the lettering done, I can go back to the fun stuff in the middle. I have a couple of trees, two more urns, a big flower arrangement in the middle, and a pair of dogs.
There may be more to do than I thought. Hmmmmmm . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment