In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Fuss and Bother

I am one horizontal thread off.


 I cannot find it.

And I spent hours looking for it. 

I've decided two things:

  • I can compensate, and I think I will.
  • I don't think anyone will ever notice it once the sampler is done--including me--since there is a LOT going on with this sampler
  • 45 count linen is the limit of my comfort level.
My other stitching has gone a little better.

I have turned the corner on one side of the sewing roll for the Artisan's Workbox.

Now, should I do the vine and leaves on the other side, or add the flowers to the side I've stitched? If this is the most major decision I make today, it will be a good day.

And I've started on the next motif in my online crewel class:

It will not take long to finish this, and I really hope that isn't one of those "famous last words" situations. However, I am putting this aside for today so I can continue with Carmen.

Even if she is causing me some aggravation.


3 comments:

  1. All looks great to me , enjoy every stitch, hugs June,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Carmen is aggravating you, Ann! I would compensate. I think I would to the other side of the vine and leaves. Your crewel motif is looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete