In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, September 5, 2022

Wild Roses

 This is not what I intended to work on yesterday.

This panel goes with a different Jackie project, Hold Dear, that I took at Salty Yarns last April.

I really was going to work on Tribute, but after cutting the iron-on interfacing to the wrong measurement, and then somehow getting a piece of it ironed to the bottom of the iron instead of the back of the fabric, I decided that assembly perhaps should not happen.

One of my grandmothers used to say that if you sewed on Sunday, you'd have to pick out the stitches with your nose on Monday. I could never figure out how you'd remove stitches with your nose, but there are times when I think she hexed me. Yesterday was one of those days.

Anyway,  Hold Dear was at the top of the bin of projects to stitch, so I spent some time trying to make sweet roses. Jackie's roses looked lovely and smooth. Mine look like they have run amok.

I haven't decided what I will stitch today. When I was a wage slave, holiday weekends always meant pulling out something special to work on. Now that every day is a holiday, I'm not quite sure how to celebrate. Maybe I'll play in the stash until I decide.

1 comment: