In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Such a good mail day!

 I didn't think that I'd have any stitching news to report today, since I'm doing some product testing for my former employer.

And then the mail came!

Betsy Morgan's Willing Hands 2, published by Inspirations, hit the mailbox today.

Baby Girl and I went through the photos of the projects as soon as they were released, and we have ordered a bunch of kits from Inspirations.  With the worldwide shortage of materials, we know it's going to be some time before they arrive, but here are the ones I plan to stitch:


One of my very favorite designs from Betsy: Holbein Hexagon Etui--It's blue and uses double running, which, despite all of my wailing and moaning and gnashing of teeth when I have to do it, is one of my favorite stitches. 


Cardinal Pocket--Cardinals are my favorite birds so I have to do this one.


Betsy designed the Virgin Queen's Stitching Pocket as a companion for her Virgin Queen Etui. I've stitched it, Baby Girl has the kit from the previous book--we both had to have this one.


I already had the kit for the Tasmanian Needle Tidy, since it was going to be the last class I took from Betsy at Salty Yarns in 2020. We all know what happened to 2020, but it makes me happy to see the design featured in the book.

I ordered a couple of other kits for Baby Girl, the Goose box shown on the front and the Gathering for Winter Etui--so between us, we'll have lots of Betsy's projects to stitch for a little longer.

I need at least another 24 hours in the day.

And no more temptation for the next few months until my stitching budget recovers.






4 comments:

  1. Multiple kits!! The sticker shock on just ONE killed me. You, however, actually finish yours, so they'll have a good home.
    I have so many unfinished projects that I'm trying very hard to not order this book, but even if I had no desire to work any of the projects, the photos are just SOOOO yummy. I'm really looking forward to your posts about working up the kits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blew my stitching budget for about three months in July, so no fun for awhile!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes looking forward to seeing what you stitch .
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we do need more than 24 hours in a day. I don’t know how former co workers can be BORED in retirement. Love the Willing Hands book, I will have to get Book 2. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete