In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Progress Report

 Well, she's not finished yet, but she has acquired quite a disapproving look:

The next step is to outline the entire thing, black outline over the black tent stitch, followed by attaching seed beads, followed by couching an outline over the ruff, followed by more beads, followed by finish-finishing. At this point, my eyes and hands have yelled, "Enough!" and I should listen. 

I believe the evening stitching will involve something worked on 28 count linen with no counting. In other words, I'm back to Queen stitch on the bright yellow needle case.

But now, the dishwasher should be unloaded, and we should really decide what form tonight's chicken breast will take. The last few days, we've acted like we were in college again--hamburgers, tacos, and pizza--and it's time to get back to balanced meals, for at least one night.

Especially since my arthritic joints have been reminding me that I'm not of college age any longer.

2 comments:

  1. Ann it's beautiful so looks wonderful .
    Looks very difficult .
    We are eating more snacks at the moment .
    But Hubby is taking me out for Lunch today .
    Have a wonderful day .

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is coming along nicely. Oy! I can’t believe you would prefer Queen Stitches over counting.

    ReplyDelete