In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Heckin' Big Strawberry

 I literally closed my eyes and grabbed a project bag from the pile of things that need to be put together, and this is what popped out. I have to admit I was relieved--after putting together the nine parts of Ode, I was hoping for something that wouldn't take so long.

And, obviously, it didn't.

As always, if I had it to do over, I'd do something different. For one thing, I'd interline with featherweight iron-on interfacing. This was worked on a loosely woven 28 count linen, and I fought fraying the whole time. I would also have figured out a way to salvage just enough of the felt used for the leaves to make a stem.

Nonetheless, there's another project finished, and that makes me VERY happy!

3 comments:

  1. Well done looks beautiful .
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still drooling over that strawberry - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "strawberry" strawberry!!!

    ReplyDelete