In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Trying to catch up

I feel like I've been going ninety miles an hour all week and I'm still trying to catch up with everything. Actually, at this point, with my current level of decrepitude, maybe I'm just going twenty miles an hour . . .

Anyway, last week-end Baby Girl and I traveled to Maryland so we could take classes at Salty Yarns. As the teacher has asked that I not publicize her events or projects, I won't--just know that, as usual, Salty Yarns is my favorite venue for classes. Again, the hospitality cannot be equaled.

And there was another phenomenal goodie bag--whose contents I dispersed and then remembered I hadn't photographed.  Just believe me when I say it was lovely and full of things that are completely usable and helpful.

There was retail therapy.

And this is my favorite thing I brought home from the shop:


Baby Girl and I were wandering around the shop when I noticed a cabinet I had not noticed before. This should not be considered unusual--that shop has more packed in per square inch than any shop I've ever visited. Anyway, it had lots of wooden items--and this wooden basket with the pineapple motif jumped out at me.

Well, I dithered. And dithered. And had just about persuaded myself that if it was still there in June, it was meant to be and I'd get it then. And, as we were leaving the shop, it suddenly hit me that this would be the perfect container to use to display Barbara Jackson's Pineapple Perfection project. So I sent Baby Girl back to grab it and put it in my bag.

That's a wonderful thing about Salty Yarns. When you attend an event there, you're given a big shopping bag with a tag for your name. While you're there, you can just add things to your bag as you see them or it occurs to you that you need something. Then you settle up at the end, with a nice discount as well.

So it came home with me.

We did have some additional excitement while we were there. At around 4:30 in the morning on Monday, my phone went off with a weather emergency alert--tornadoes in the area--and thunderstorms--and right after the alert, there was a clap of thunder so loud that Baby Girl and I both literally levitated off the surfaces of our beds.

I love to watch storms, especially at the beach--but it was raining so hard you literally could not see anything three feet from the window. It was an amazing downpour--and luckily, it ended well before we had to load the car and head home. It was still windy the next day, but not terrible.

And then it was back to reality.

I decided to continue working on Cherry Berry, and I finally made it through the alphabet and numbers--and now I'm to the fun part.


Once I accomplish a few more necessary chores around the house, I plan to stitch the rest of the week-end.

Happy Easter to all!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Ann! Glad you had your usual good time at Salty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounded like you had an incredible weekend. That pineapple wooden tray/basket is gorgeous. You have made good progress on Cherry Berry. Wishing you a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had (another) wonderful time at Salty Yarns! The pineapple basket is lovely - just the perfect thing for your Barbara Jackson piece.

    ReplyDelete