In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, January 19, 2019

ouch

I stitched a lot last week-end.  A lot. To the point that my elbow started to hurt. A lot. It even woke me up in the middle of the night.

So, on Monday when I went to the doctor to get a shot in my wonky knee, I mentioned this. And the doctor started to bend and twist and poke and prod, and he hit a spot that made me break the current high jump record.

Without a pole.

From a seated position.

He diagnosed the problem as a repetitive motion injury and I was told to use ice and stop doing what I was doing until it stops hurting.

So I haven't stitched this week and probably won't next week either.

I should probably stop bending my arm to see if my elbow is still hurting.

That  may be counterproductive.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I hope it is healing. And yes, you should stop bending it. Or stitching with the other hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this sometime ago , rest up and when you do stitch ,
    just do a little then rest for an hour before you start again.
    And then take it steady with a little more than the day before .

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating to have your elbow do this at this time of year when many just want to stay inside and stitch. Hope it improves quickly!

    Your Hannah Thornbush below is looking beautiful! Did the pattern call for the detached buttonhole or is that something you added? It really adds to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, sorry to hear about your elbow, but you are doing hat you should..icing and rest. Hope you're back up and running soon!!

    ReplyDelete