In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, May 14, 2018

cranky, cranky, cranky

It's hot. It's been hot for several days. It's supposed to be not hot after today--which means that the AC at work, which has not been on, will suddenly blast out Arctic Air the rest of the week.

When you spend the day in a stuffy office, and it's Monday, you tend to be cranky.

I'm a little afraid to stitch tonight because of that.

I had decided if I didn't stick a needle into something last night, things might get unpleasant, so I pulled out the strawberry piece from Fragrant Fragaria.


One and about a third strawberries to go, then I need to put seeds on them and add leaves.  However, before I get that far, I may make some changes.

I don't know if the hole in the frame was cut too large or the gauze was cut too small, but I fought with the project for several hours last night.  The gauze kept pulling away from the frame, so I didn't have a nice, taut surface. I had to stop, pull off the masking tape, situate the gauze, re-tape, and start stitching again. And repeat. And repeat. And repeat.

This was draining all the pleasure out of this excursion.

So . . . to avoid even more crankiness (even though I'm home and our AC is operating quite nicely, thank you very much), I believe I am going to mount a piece of muslin in a hoop and sew the gauze to that. Then I'll cut out the area behind the embroidery and finish stitching the strawberries.

And if that doesn't work, I think I'll find something else to stare a needle through.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have good reason to be cranky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a good plan to me about attaching the gauze to muslin. I would be cranky as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot office is a total PITA! Mine has been steamy for the last several days (and it's not even hot here!) and I *hate* feeling wilted and sticky - I completely empathize with your crankitude.

    ReplyDelete