In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, May 18, 2018

Can you see me now?



I'm working on a Christmas ornament for an EGA project.

The recommended fabrics was 28 count. I didn't have any of that so this is 32, in white, like the original appeared to be. I am hoping the texture of the stitches will show up when it's all done.

I really hope I can get this all stitched and put together this week-end, although tomorrow will not be a stitching day. We are going to a wedding. Dearly Beloved has trimmed his beard and I have bought the first pair of pantyhose I have purchased in a decade, mainly because my fish-belly-white legs look even whiter against my navy/white print dress. They need help, and self-tanning stuff never looks quite natural on me.  So pantyhose.

To give me more time for stitching, Dearly Beloved is picking up fast food. This means that I have not eaten correctly all day. Today was National Pizza Day or Pizza for Lunch Day or something-to-do -with-pizza day. Our social committee at work bought pizza for the crew. So I had pizza for lunch and  will have burgers and fries for dinner. I am not complaining, but I hope my body forgets that it isn't in college any more and doesn't rebel.

So I should get back to it. I have to say, though, I have had a few thoughts on my ability to get things done efficiently.

A. I wish I stitched faster.

or

B. I wish I had more time to stitch

or

C. both of the above.

Next week-end will be the first week-end in May that we haven't had something to do or go to--and it's a long week-end. I have announced that I am going to stitch all day every day and see just how much I can accomplish.

But now I need to see how much more I can do tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment