In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, April 9, 2018

Seeing Quadruple

Over the week-end, I got all the framework pieces for the chalice base for Minikin stitched.


I did go over my ten hours for this project--but I had left myself a loophole that allows me to go more than 10 hours if I want to. And I wanted to because I got the pattern in my head, which made the last couple of sides go faster than the first couple did.

After I took the picture, I stitched a little bit of the vine to see if I preferred the backstitch vine or the fly-stitch vine. I decided I would do backstitch--it was a little easier for me to keep my place on the chart.

And tonight I'm going to work on something different.

I'm going to start on the prework for the Betsy Morgan class I'm taking in June.

I know, June is almost two months away. But one thing that doing this rotation has shown me is that I don't have a lot of time to stitch in the evenings after work, and that everything takes longer (much, much, MUCH longer) than I think it will.

So I better get started. And hope, that once I get it stitched, that I don't put it in a very safe place that is so safe I can't find the prework when it's time to go to the class.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you on getting the framework pieces stitched! I say post here on the blog where you put your pre-work once finished or put it in the stitching bag that will be going to the class with you in June. Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These double doubles make me quite curious about what the finished project will look like.

    Betsy Morgan class - sounds delightful - enjoy! Robin has a good idea about posting where you put the prework so you can't lose track of it.

    ReplyDelete