In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, December 29, 2017

Stay-cation, Day 7

Oh, the days of my stay-cation are dwindling down . . .

But I made up my mind on the spangles. I decided to add some randomly around the flower.


The original design had about three times as many spangles as I used, which is historically accurate. Since I am not a pre-teen living in the 17th century and don't feel the need for an over-the-top presentation--either because of being a pre-teen or living in the 17th century--I went with accents.

Alas, the opening in the candle screen was too small, so I'm back to framing or ornamentifying. I'm leaning toward framing.  This is subject to change.

And working on Mary Otter in the evenings has resulted in a second floor that is almost complete.


I really didn't think I'd get the whole flower done as quickly as I did, so I hadn't decided what to do next while stay-cationing. I may lay a few more bricks on Mary Otter while I'm thinking about it.

Or something may pop up and demand attention.

2 comments:

  1. I like the smattering of spangles - very pretty. And you made me laugh about the idea of a bling-loving 17th century pre-teen.

    Isn't it interesting that when we construct a house with stitches, we begin at the roof and work down? Imagine what that would look like in real life. :) (Mary's house is looking great - am looking forward to seeing the doorway).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going with the old saying here...."less is more"!

    ReplyDelete