In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Final finishing flurry for '14

When I woke up this morning--the next to last morning I can sleep late on a weekday for awhile--and that's the best part of being on vacation--I decided I wanted to get some things out of the finishing pile and into the finished pile.

I may have gotten carried away.


From the left:
  • Christmas Bookmark from Fern Ridge Designs, one of the Christmas in Williamsburg gifts from several years ago--stitched several years ago and stuck in the finishing basket since.
  • "Be a Busy Bee" scissor fob, make-it-take-it from Jackie du Plessis
  • Button box, also Jackie du Pless
  • Black Bird Scissors Fob, Catherine Theron

Three, count 'em, three ort containers, all Jackie du Plessis designs.

You may see a pattern here. I tend to grab a lot of Jackie's small kits in the boutique at Christmas in Williamsburg, now known as Annie's Needlearts Festival. I use them for travel projects since they're easy to pack and transport, without the need for big frames or frame stands.

The problem is that I can easily stitch them when away from home, but I can't easily finish-finish them unless I am home.  So, today I decided to grab a stack and do as much as I could before my eyes crossed.

My eyes have crossed.

On to other events: Dearly Beloved and I, being total fuddy-duddies, are not out and about celebrating the New Year. I am staying awake only to have the ceremonial dumping of the ort jar at midnight.  I expected it to be more colorful this year but apparently I used more blues and whites than I thought.


I'm making one resolution this year. I'm setting some goals for myself, which I don't consider resolutions since resolutions are, by some kind of cosmic irony, made to be broken. I think I can keep this one, though--I resolve to continue puttering in my stash and with various workshops and classes, stitching whatever strikes my fancy whenever my fancy is struck.

That should work.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing use of a day off! Congrats and hats off to you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your resolution! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete