In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy


I have reasons to be happy on this sunny Sunday morning.

The dread Band Six of Ann Scutt is finally, finally, FINALLY stitched. With the exception of the blue strawberries (seems like she would have saved her precious bit of red thread for the strawberries . . .) I think I stitched every single motif and section of the band at least twice if not three times. As I said before, if there was a way to miscount or misread the  chart, I did it. But it's done!!!

And the white silk I need to finish Martha Edlin has arrived.

But, that may not mean I immediately jump back into Martha-stitching--because this week Dearly Beloved and I leave for Williamsburg. He goes for relaxation, I go for Jeannine's Gathering of Embroiderers, where I am taking classes from Barbara Jackson and Catherine Theron. And that means that I need to think about packing. I soooooooo look forward to this event every year.

Which leads me to another reason I'm happy. The registration for Just Cross Stitch's Christmas in Williamsburg has opened and I am registered, so I have another happy event to anticipate. I'm signed up for classes with Jackie du Plessis and Joanne Harvey.

And speaking of Jackie--yet another reason to be happy. The online lessons for Rhapsody in Blue, her newest class for Shining Needle, start tomorrow.

What a lovely way to start a week!

1 comment:

  1. Your sign ups sound so wonderful Ann wish I was there with you.

    ReplyDelete