In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Darning is done!

Happy Dance--the darning pattern for the scissors case is done!


I love the way that darning patterns look, but it doesn't take more than one repetition and my Stitcher's ADD kicks in. I came very, very close to going on to another section, but there is one thing I've learned about my stitching habits.  If I leave something for any length of time--and that can be only 30 seconds--the project tends to end up in a bin, lost and forlorn, waiting for me to return.

And that's why I try to do all the outlining and borders and repetitive parts at the very beginning.  If I don't, it may never get done.

By the way, here's the other bits I've managed to do this week.


Yes, I am working sideways on the scroll bars. Stretcher bars were going to be too long to handle easily.

And it amuses Dearly Beloved.

3 comments:

  1. Great progress! The darning patterns look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting working on scroll bars sideways, isn't it? I tried my darndest to figure out a way around it, but, no go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way, progress looks good!

    ReplyDelete