In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Just slightly discombobulated

This very weird winter has me discombobulated. It is March 1--and today, where I live, the temps almost hit 80.

I am no crazier about frigid cold weather than I am about broiling heat, but I do like seasons, and this one hasn't really happened yet.  Sure, we've had a few cold days scattered here and there, but no really sustained cold spells.  In this part of the country, we need them to kill next summer's mosquito population!

And I like snuggling under my afghan in the wing chair with needlework at hand, working away on samplers and such, keeping the chill away.  As warm as it's been, I feel as though I should be out doing something else in the great outdoors.  Or spring cleaning.

Winter could still happen.  Sometimes our winter hits in March.  When I was a child, it snowed on three successive Wednesdays in March. In the Carolinas. Where we don't see snow very often.

Adding insult to injury, the plants are starting to bud and pollinate, which means my springtime allergies are starting up. I was supposed to go to an EGA chapter stitch-in last night, but I had such a fierce sinus headache I came home from work, took a pill, and went to sleep sitting upright with the scroll frame in my lap.

Discombobulated and out of kilter. . .

No needlework to show tonight.  I'm still working on the Obligation Stitching--but I am almost ready to work on a major design element. After that, it's all downhill to completion!


3 comments:

  1. Same here in NY ... after a freak snowstorm on Halloween that dumped 13" of snow on us, it's been mostly mid 30s to high 40s with occasional forays into the 50s and 60s. A very silly sort of winter. Since I firmly believe Mother Nature has a sense of humor, I am expecting another freak snow storm for Easter to bookend this rather un-wintry winter season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusual everywhere....watch for today's storms and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here. I've been colder in May than I was here a couple of weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete