I realized last night that we're a third of the way through October and I haven't blogged at all. There are reasons.
Unfortunately, the big one is that Mother has been in the hospital. As usual, The Saint has been doing all the heavy lifting, but we're hoping she will be released back to The Home today--depending on today's lab results. She is two months away from her 99th birthday, so each day is a gift.
And I had both Covid and flu shots in the same arm on the same day. I understand this year's flu shot for those of us over 65 is a little more powerful because this year's strain of flu is more virulent. All I know is that for the first time in several years, I was foggy for a couple of days afterwards.
Then, apparently A. Carter turned me into a monogamous stitcher. I think I mentioned before that I was thinking about working the side borders down to the next big chunk of grass, then stitching grass, then doing the bottom border. I did that, but didn't feel like any of it merited a blog post since stitching big swaths of grass is about as boring as, well, watching grass grow.
Finally I got past all that and now have the first big urn on the bottom finished.
I've been trying to figure out what that figure on the base of the urn could possibly be. My first thought was a crab.The design kept nagging at me until I remembered that one of my great-aunts had a tea set with a rose pattern in gold. If you kind of squint at it, you could "see" a rose with leaves coming out the top and one side and a stem at the bottom.
Or you can squint and see a crab.
No comments:
Post a Comment