In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Taking Stock

I'm still working on the bits and pieces for Tribute. My usual refrain: Everything takes longer than I think it should, and this is no exception.

Once I get that multicolor stripe across each of the pieces, I need to sew satin ribbon above and below it, then I need to work two more stripes, one above the ribbon sections and one below. It's going to be a wee bit fiddly to keep it straight. Actually, I've been thinking about using Stitch Witchery to hold the ribbons in place, but I'm not sure how that would affect the sheen of the ribbon. I may experiment out in the margin to see what happens.

I realized this morning as I was paying a couple of bills that, OMG, the year is half over. How did that happen?

I also realized

  • I haven't finished anywhere close to the amount of stitching I had planned to have done by now
  • The finishing pile is only getting higher.
  • The downsizing is taking longer than anticipated
  • However, I have become extremely skilled in puttering around while accomplishing little to nothing.

I have decided I need to do better the second half of the year. I don't know how--puttering is fun--but something is going to have to change if I want to finish even a small bit of my stash in this lifetime. I used to be such an efficient person when I worked. I need to remember how I did that! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ann I feel the same , and I find in the summer I am slower stitching , just to much going on.
    I have been getting rid of lots of sewing bits to friends , that I know I will never stitch , but then I go and buy something
    new ! .
    I had my 4th jab the other day so no stitching my arm hurt this time and felt really bad , good news I am feeling much better . So may get a few stitches in today.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann! Are you in my head. I feel the same way. I fell like I haven’t accomplished nearly as much as I thought I would pre-retirement! Looking forward to seeing progress on “Tribute”

    ReplyDelete