In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Neck and neck at the finish line

 Earlier this week, I finished the stitching on Emie's Etui:

One of the habits I wanted to establish this year was to do the finish-finishing on any smalls I stitched as soon as the embroidery was done.  So why haven't I started putting this together?

Baby Girl and I had decided to work on this together, since we couldn't take the class together. That included the assembly. Then she was seduced by the lure of a bag of luscious plum-colored yarn and decided she would alternate projects, which means she's about a week behind me in stitching.

So I pulled another UFO out of the pile, the Strawberry Purse and Accessories from a class Catherine Theron offered through Shining Needle. I hit the wall on tent over one and put is aside a couple of months ago.

Now the embroidery is finished on it.

Now I have to decide what to do--pull out another UFO and finish the stitching, or start putting one of these together, or spend the afternoon in another pursuit entirely . . . I think I'll start a pot of vegetable beef soup while I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment