In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Missing Mojo

My mojo went for a walkabout this week.

This is the only stitching I've accomplished.


This will be the scissors fob for one of the classes I hope to take from Betsy Morgan in June, depending on what Covid-19 is doing.  I started the needle case for the other class, but ran out of steam about halfway through.

I really want to go take the classes. At the same time, I'm in the dangerous age range for the contagion, and I'm more than a little frightened about going a couple of states away and spending time with others from all over the country, especially since I'm coming from one of the hot spots in my state (major urban area, fifth busiest airport in the country, etc, etc). I don't want to expose anyone if I've been exposed and am asymptomatic.

At the same time, I haven't been out of my house except to take walks in the afternoon, so I'm more than a little stir-crazy and definitely suffering from cabin fever.

I have been baking--I was up at 7 this morning making cinnamon rolls--and have explored a lot of games that I can play on my phone, which passes the time but does nothing about reducing the size of the stash. I did print out the lessons for the two online classes I'm taking, and they've been stored in their respective notebooks.

Usually starting something new restores my enthusiasm, but the projects I think about are not the kinds of things that are easy to do in short periods of time in the evenings after I finish my workday. The same goes for doing finish-finishing.

I think I'll go dust something. I've REALLY lost it if I'm thinking about dusting.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely stitching for your upcoming class! The cinnamon rolls sounded delicious!

    ReplyDelete